Being single on Valentine's Day is not that bad:)

I thought this weekend would be a sad single Valentine's weekend.Haha well i was very wrong.
I was very busy with baking cookies and birthday cakes,visiting family and neighbors.Going to musicals and having some time to stop and get a caramel frap:)Celebrating birthdays,celebrating my Dad's life and having lunch in the backyard for the first time in months.It was a beautiful weekend.

 Court played Fagin
Tristan played Oliver! and Nic played Artful Doger.
It was an amazing play.Congrats to El Diamante Highschool and La Joya Middle school. My friend Nikki played Nancy and sang her heart out.She was amazing and cant wait to see her again at the last show:)

After we went to the Olive Garden to celebrate what a great job Nikki did.

Saturday i made cookies and a big birthday cake for my Michelle.Her 18th birthday  lands on Valentine's Day so it had to be super special.
Feb.14-we woke up got ready to celebrate!!After opening gifts we took Michelley shopping! of course i treated myself with a little caramel frap(since pumpkin spice latte wont be back tilll next season! ahhh)
I also bought a little ME journal and a friendly starbucks bear:)



Then it was time to go home and cut the cake:)
After visiting with everyone i took a few moments to think about my dad and wish him a Happy Valentine's Day.It has been a year already since his passing.Laying my dad to rest last Valentine's day was the hardest thing i ever had to do but i know now that he is safe and wont have to struggle with sobriety anymore.One thing  i know for sure is that i will always have a Valentine.I consider Feb 14th our day:)


I didnt want Michelle to go back home but it was time to say goodbye.Watching my cousin turn into a woman through out  the years has been hard:( i always think of her as my little sister.Someone i watch over and also fight with but iam so glad i was here to witness her growing up.

Monday-It was all about resting:)

It was a beautiful weekend
And its not that bad being single in Valentine's Day:)


Song of the day- Beast of Burden by the stones

No comments:

Post a Comment