Being grateful,missing home and the Marine



Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa.
Lucky to say that i had a chance to work in such a beautiful place.

I worked in the restaurant.BIN 189 and learned alot about wine. This is the bar when R.E.M,Chris McDonald, Gena Rowlands and Julia Roberts stopped off to have a drink.
I was very lucky to meet all and was forced to keep my cool.lol I failed at that when i was one of the waiters to Julia Roberts table.Blushing and stumbling over my words:/ she happens to be a very down to earth woman and is prettier in person:)


Setting up tables for the next day held us there to 2 am on weekends.Back throbbing and feet screaming and i would take my  job back in a heart beat:)

Getting homesick.......


I didnt know how different my life would be after leaving the mountain.I used to think that i hated living there but my mind was quickly changed after i moved up north to an area that has gang and drug problems.Im not saying that Lake Arrowhead doesnt have the same problems because it does.Its just not as bad.I hear gun shots in the daytime and at night atleast 3 times a week.Any excuse to get slammered drunk happens alot here.If you dont like to drink and smoke alot then it is very hard to make friends.I've learned that it is ok to be a loner for the right reasons. Besides all of that iam very grateful.Iam able to live in a beautiful house and focus on school.But after i will slowly make my way back home.                                                                                                  

Iam grateful for............

1.being able to go to school everyday.2.having a bed to sleep in.3.family.4.my cats5.food and water.6 my health7.freedom8.our soldiers9.being able to give birth one day10.student loans:)11.relationship i have with my mom12. relationships13being alive14 having a stepdad who cares15.mybrother growing and learning16. my grandparents17.my memories18.having health insurance19.veterinarians20.America21.visiting with my cousin before he leaves for  afghanistan
      Psa 91:4 He will cover you with his wings; you will be safe in his care; his faithfulness will protect and defend you.




My cousin Steven is leaving behind a wife,daughter,and son.I hope for a safe return for Steven and his fellow soldiers.
Steven and his wife Stacy.Getting ready for afghanistan.
                                                            

I'm just trying to be a father,


Raise a daughter and a son,


Be a lover to their mother,


Everything to everyone.


Up and at 'em bright and early,


I'm all business in my suit,


Yeah, I'm dressed up for success from my head down to my boots,


I don't do it for the money, there's bills that I can't pay,


I don't do it for the glory, I just do it anyway,


Providing for our futures, my responsibility,


Yeah I'm real good under pressure, being all that I can be,


And I can't call in sick on Mondays when the weekend's been too strong,


I just work straight through the holidays,


And sometimes all night long.


You can bet that I stand ready when the wolf growls at the door,


Hey, I'm solid, hey I'm steady, hey I'm true down to the core,


And I will always do my duty, no matter what the price,


I've counted up the cost, I know the sacrifice,


Oh, and I don't want to die for you,


But if dying's asked of me,


I'll bear that cross with an honor,


'Cause freedom don't come free.


I'm an American Soldier, an American,


Beside my Brothers and my Sisters I will proudly take a stand.


When liberty's in jeopardy I'll always do what's right.


I'm out here on the front lines, sleep in peace tonight.


American Soldier,


I'm an American Soldier.

Yeah, an American Soldier,


An American.


Beside my Brothers and my Sisters I will proudly take a stand,


When liberty's in jeopardy I'll always do what's right,


I'm out here on the front lines, so sleep in peace tonight.


American Soldier













   


                    








1 comment:

  1. OMG, I'm CRYING!!!! I loved the ENTIRE post! I know you won't be on much anymore, that's okay, blogs can wait, school won't! You're doing the right thing...and being grateful is ALWAYS the right way to live. I love you! I'm so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete